We are also having some back yard issues to top things off. The slope of our yard has been making it so that our sprinkling system has been flooding our neighbors yard. They stopped by several months ago to let us know that they could sue over the issue. They are very nice, they just don't want a swamp, which is understandable. The developer put in our yard so we contacted them. Almost 4 months later, they contracted with a landscape company to fix the problem. Long story short, the landscape company put in a rock retaining wall and covered our sprinkling system and 1/3 of our yard in dirt. They are right that no water is going to get through that, but I can't imagine that anyone has ever asked a landscape company to come and make their yard all dirt so their neighbors don't get anymore of their water. Hmmm. We are hoping to get someone out tomorrow. What a mess. I guess if we post pictures of snowmen that are made of muddy snow, everyone will know why.
James' sister came today and spent 5 hours sorting through medical bills. Her help was priceless. It is a mess. I am expecting to make lots of phone calls tomorrow to get some answers, but at least I know what to ask now. Anymore we are getting 5-6 bills a day. We got a bill last week for over $5000 due tomorrow. I guess the days of 30 days to pay the bills are long gone. When I asked if I could wait until we got all the bills, I was told we would have to pay 18% interest. I can see why people just quit trying. It is awful.
We are hopeful that the "roadwork ahead" sign that is our life will get taken down soon.
I'm glad james listened to the doc and started to take the pain meds again. Some ability to function is better than no function. I really hope and pray the end is in sight and he will be out of pain all together.
ReplyDeleteKel, hang in there! I can't imagine how hard it is...and the ginormous dirt pile in your backyard makes it even better! ha ha! I hope James feels better soon and that the hardest days are behind you guys. I had so much fun seeing you and your darling little girls. Adalyn's awesome!
ReplyDelete