Monday, October 26, 2009

First Words

Sweet, content Ava decided to start talking.  Up until now, I think she felt like Adalyn spoke enough for the both of them.  She said her first word "dada" 3 times, so it makes it her official first word.  Yeah!  It has made James very happy.  He was the first to hear it.
Adalyn is anxiously awaiting Halloween.  James has felt up to helping carve a few pumpkins the last few days.  Adalyn wants everyday to be pumpkin carving day.  Her chicken costume came the other day.  She was so excited that she is wearing the jacket part of the costume everywhere.  She pretty much has a chicken coat now.  I didn't know the costume would be so useful.  I also don't know what I was thinking buying her a real coat that she won't wear.  I guess if you see a big fluffy white chicken coming and it isn't Halloween, it is surely Adalyn.  That girl just marches to the beat of her own drum.  It is a good thing, it just makes parenting a little more...interesting.
And in the last news of the day, James was surprised to come home to Christmas lights on the house today.  It is all he wanted for Christmas.  I told him there was no way that I was going to have him survive cancer and then kill himself hanging lights.  So, I arranged to have lights put up and it made his day!

No comments:

Post a Comment