Thursday, October 15, 2009

Graduation Announcement!

James graduated from chemo therapy today!!!! He received his last injection (hopefully)!!  All of the oncology nurses actually came to sing some graduation song and give him a diploma.  He was tired and wanted to leave.  I was kind of teary over it.  It was a silly song, but for some reason it just brought the emotion of all of this to the surface.  I guess I still have moments of not really believing he has cancer.  And I certainly never thought that someone would be singing to him for finishing chemo therapy.  
James was very tired and just not feeling well at all yesterday, which would have been day 6 after chemo.  I think we knew to expect that a little more this time, but it is still so discouraging for him that his body just won't work right.  I think it says it all about how difficult it is when feeling so sick makes him cry.  When I ask where it hurts or what is uncomfortable, he always just responds "everywhere".  I think the prospect of another injection today was almost unimaginable.  He made it through it though.  I am guessing he will be tired and sleep a lot for the next several days.  We actually have 3 weeks before he will get scanned again.  I am hoping that he might feel good for a few of the days, anyway.
For James, happiness is all about the little things in life, the good peaches, dressing up on halloween to go trick-or-treating with Adalyn, and Christmas lights on the house.  I hope the little things keep him going through all of this.  He is amazing!

1 comment: