Wednesday, December 16, 2009

HOORAY!!!


James is officially done (and graduated) from radiation.  He has a body mold and diploma to prove it.   I don't think either one of us realized just how nice this day would be.  James is tired and looking forward to a couple of weeks to try to recover from the last 4 months with cancer.  James' brother Dave is here visiting and helping now.  He has been a ton of help and the kids have just loved him.  We are so grateful for the continued kindness and support. A neighbor stopped by tonight that has stage IV lung cancer.  He brought cupcakes to celebrate the end of treatment.  It is pretty amazing that people that have such hard things happening for them could be so anxious to support us.   We have been SO blessed!!  We just love this picture because we are sure Ava is saying HOORAY for her dad to be done with treatment. 

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! This is such a sweet message. And we LOVE the new pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!!!! I am so excited and can't wait for the scan to prove it! I love the pictures. James looks really good. Breathe and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad James is through that ordeal. Here's hoping you will all enjoy a most lovely Christmas! Prayers continue...

    ReplyDelete
  4. James, I can't believe the ordeal you have been through! I heard last week from someone in our ward about your cancer. I asked Clay about it and he directed me to your blog. I have read all the horrible details of your difficult and orduous journey. We are so sorry for all of your suffering. You are way too young to be tested so intensely. Count us in for your support group. We would love to come visit when it is convenient. Keep getting better. Dennis and Kathryn Peters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that part is over and we pray that you will soon be able to put it all behind you. I love the picture too! What a wonderful family you are. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE the picture Kelly! Your girls are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete