Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Radiation...


James started radiation yesterday.  They marked him all up to make sure they'd radiate the tumor from the front and sides.  It was a big tumor!  They took several x-rays and then started the radiation process.  So far, so good.  The doctor felt like it is likely that James' chest pain will get significantly worse because of fibrosis form the tissue becoming inflamed with radiation then shrinking and pulling on the scar tissue.  His blood pressure was over 140 today.  I think it goes to show how stressful this all is.  The anticipation of knowing what is ahead is hard.  I used to wish I knew what life would hold, I am glad now that I don't know. When it is hard, knowing about it makes it difficult to stay upbeat.  James was showing me the markings on his chest last night and Adalyn saw them.  She asked James to "call them and tell them not to draw on him anymore."  For all the times she has drawn on herself and been told she shouldn't, I think she is confused.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything James! You, Kelly, and the girls are in our constant thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Joe and Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's everything going? I hope you can enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday even with everything that's going on. Keep updating, I want to know what's going down! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete